Friday, January 23, 2004

Do you ever wonder what your place on this earth is? Why are you here? Do you even HAVE a purpose? I feel like I'm just here. Just floating along. Kind of like some unwavering ocean wave that just keeps going on and on and on...only I'm not waving.

I have this dual desire for life. One existence is this one. The one where I do what I'm supposed to do and I do what's expected. Go to school, get a degree, get a job.... Been there, done that, there has GOT to be something else. And then there's my "real" existence. This is the existence where I HAVE. My HAVE side is the side where I've found my interest in life, I've got the job to represent that, I'm doing what I want to do BECAUSE I want to, when I want to. And I'm happy there.

So that's my happy place. I try to imagine how to get there, because, I truly believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Simple as that, but what a complexity. Everyone knows that "simple" means try not to give yourself a hernia moving around your baggage.

I just wish there was some sort of magic pill or a nice kick in the butt to get me started on my path. I want to HAVE.

No comments: