Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Today is definitely Monday even though it's Tuesday

So I was off yesterday (about the only good thing about working for the government is that we get days we didn't know existed off). It would serve to purpose that today would, indeed, be my Monday. Went to bed at 12:30, my usual time. Proceeded to wake up at 1:15, 2:30, 3:45, 4:15, 4:45, 5:00, 5:18 and finally just got up at 5:25, 5 minutes before when I was supposed to get up. I decide that despite the fact that it is Monday, I will make an effort to spend time on my hair and actually dress. Hair? Fuzzy. Makeup? WTF is wrong w/my right eyebrow? Anyway....I get dressed, ripping my shirt in the process. I pick up my shoes to change into at work - oh look at the cobwebs in them. After hunting for the owner of that web to no avail, I am finally ready to go. In the dark. I walk out the door, yes it's a nice 63 degrees but humidity is also 85%. Which means my hair went from S to in 2.5 seconds. So walking along through my complex and down the road to my bus stop I walk face first into a spiderweb. A very, very large spiderweb. That i can't see. Because it's dark. And the headlights are blinding me. I arrive at the bus stop swiping crazily at my face and being conscientously ignored by the suprisingly abundant number of people already there. And so begins my day. Tired, ripped, limp-haired and covered in invisible spiderwebs. Happy Monday even though it's Tuesday.

No comments: